Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Op Shops and Cupsa Tea

Gosh, how I love op shopping. I even dream about it! And I actually visit the same shops in the dream each time: one with heaps of awesome cheap vintage clothes (next door to a zoo, not sure why), and one with loads of lovely china and vases and stuff. And I always wake up before I get to buy it!

I'm not quite sure what the fascination is, but I think it's that feeling that when you walk into the shop, you can have anything you like. Yep, if you see something in there and you want it, you can have it! Anything at all! It won't be too expensive. There are just so many positives: you can buy some new and interesting things, you are saving money, you are giving money to charity, you are helping the environment by not reusing and recycling, you won't have the same dress as anyone else, there's a mystery or story behind each item .... the list goes on.

Martine and I spent a lovely morning op shopping ages ago and I purchased this table and chairs and my favourite tea cup. I got rather excited by how serendipitously matching the cup and the seat cushions were - bizarre.

Why don't you come on over for a cup of tea one day? You can choose your favourite tea cup from my op-shopped collection!



2 comments:

  1. Oh Cath! You are a woman after my own heart! Op shops and garage sales are a favourite of mine too! I love the table and cups...also love the Australia tablecloth (I have a similar one!!:) Let's go for an opshopping forage again soon!
    :) Martine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! That cup is fantastic & love the way it matches your seats! Next time I'm visiting Brissy I'll have to try & visit that shop - sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your comments. I love to read them. xx