Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Bit of Up-Cycling

A while ago I bought this dress, which, between you and me, I actually secretly loved in a comforting, drop-waisted, nostalgic kind of way. The material is a lovely grey with little sort of shiny flecks in the weave. But I couldn't really wear it in public. Not really. I'm not quite confident enough for that yet.
I considered wearing it like this, with the sleeves removed, even though it would be terrible for breast-feeding. And maybe I should have left it like that, because I do have a dreadful feeling that drop-waists are going to come back in fashion, and anyway, I just still really liked it. But, like Humpty Dumpty, once it's broken you can't put it back together again, so.....
Here's my new favourite top!! I added a band to the bottom, skimmed the sides in a bit and there you have it. I can't wait for the weather to be cool enough for jeans, or maybe a pencil skirt to go with it. I'm so pleased this worked out; I would have to say that I only wear probably one out of every three or four things I make for myself, because usually they turn out bad. Happy day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your comments. I love to read them. xx