Monday, January 28, 2013

Cyclone Oswald

Well, after a long hot period without rain, we have had Cyclone Oswald. At first I was grateful for the deep, soaking rain. We had some great plays in it, riding the inflatable boogie board down the drain and sliding in the giant puddles all over the football field. But as it gained momentum, I began to feel uneasy. I didn't sleep well last night, with all the big gusts of wind. I actually was a bit scared! 

And look at our backyard this morning:


We copped it. Our poor trees. I loved that beautiful big olive tree!

So that's been a bit of excitement in the neighbourhood. And Jimmy shouted with glee, "Hooray, that's our playground now!"

But guess what happened to our friends? Their trampoline got swept up two storeys and crashed into the neighbours roof! And the neighbours are away on holidays....oh boy.

I hope you are all safe and well and Oswald behaves himself in your area!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your comments. I love to read them. xx