Sunday, January 22, 2012

Too Thrilling

I really enjoy the fun of Halloween. I love all the spooky, creepy things you can do! I was on the computer at Mum and Dad's, doing some browsing, when the kids came in to see what I was up to. We were just about to start our Halloween unit, so I thought I'd start it off with a bang.



"Hey kids, since we're starting Halloween, do you want to see a really cool scary dance?"



As a high school Dance teacher, I have taught Michael Jackson's "Thriller" dance many times, as part of my favourite unit, "Dance Through the Decades". The students never find it scary, I guess because it's a bit dated and they're all about fourteen years old. I figured it would be fine to show my kids. I must have something wrong with my brain.



So it started okay, then you know what comes next: Girl, there's something I need to tell you. I'm different from other guys... The full moon comes out and....




My kids got the fright of their lives. Kees was crying, "Make it stop! Turn it off! Turn it off!!" and covering his eyes, Jimmy was terrified, screaming and scrambling up my lap to try to get away. I was in a panic, so of course I couldn't get it to stop, I was just clicking the mouse all over the place and the horror went on and on for a long five seconds or so.

Well, of course we all recovered after a few days, although Jimmy kept telling everyone about the scary man with the big round yellow eyes for a couple of weeks. Whoops! But after that we got on with some more moderate spooky fun, like reading lots of fun scary books, dancing to the "Monster Mash", cutting out bat decorations and making green slime:







This certain friend of ours, aka "Cousin It" was almost scarier than Michael Jackson.


One cute little ghostie ...


Jack-o-lanterns are so cool, aren't they?


A friend organised a little neighbourhood trick-or-treat evening which was lots of fun. Thanks Lin ;0)












Hope you guys had a fun and spooky Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your comments. I love to read them. xx