Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Prawn and Pomelo Salad

We got a pomelo in our fruit and veg box last week and I didn't know what to do with it. I looked up recipes with pomelo and I'm glad I found this one, because it was YUUUUMMY. Here's the link to Prawn and Pomelo Salad. (I only used half a pomelo, one chilli, less limes and palm sugar and served it with jasmine rice. I also used a lot more prawns.) My favourite part was the finely sliced kaffir lime leaves. Jimmy's favourite part was the dressing. It's not a drink, ya dork!! Must have been the palm sugar.... nice and sweet. ;o)



Speaking of food, we are moving closer towards vegetarianism - with a bit of vegan thrown in - after reading "The Face on Your Plate: The Truth About Food" by Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson. Not exactly a light read, but certainly a compassionate and confronting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your comments. I love to read them. xx