Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I Made a Lampshade

 Yonks ago, I saw this project in a Real Living mag. It stuck in my mind as something I'd like to make one day, so I'd always kept my eye out for lamp shade frames when op shopping. My lucky day came when a friend had a garage sale and her Mum sold me the perfect frame for five bucks. All I had to do was choose some yarn from my hand-me-down stash, and get weaving! Jane would be so happy she no longer had to abide my naked light bulbs. All good things come to those who wait...

The inspiration
I got by with a little help from my friends ;0)
And 'twas done!



Let there be light!
Actually, I was just thinking, a way you could probably cheat with this, is to use a plant hanging basket frame. I might do this for those naked bulbs in the hallway!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, can't believe how silly I look compared to the cool and mellow Rach and Rochelle in the the background!!
    Lucky the coolness of the skade I was making made up for me!!
    luv ya, Tam.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your comments. I love to read them. xx