Sunday, March 3, 2013

NZ News - Our Weekend Visit

Oh boy, it's about time I documented a few items of news from New Zealand! With all this talk of Dave's brilliance, I realised it was high time I caught up with my planned posts about our visit to NZ. My generous Mum bought me a ticket so she and I could go together to visit for the weekend. Thanks heaps, Mum.


There were cuddles with David and Esme!



And lots of reading Winnie the Pooh....

 Books in bed = a good chance for another cuddle. Sure, I'll read you another one...and another one...

 
Delicious cosy cafe food...


And the pleasure of shopping amongst gorgeous breakables, without two little boys.


A spot of baking...

And a bit more cuddling before it was time to go home.

Back home to my darlings, who I missed terribly! I had had serious misgivings about leaving them for the weekend, especially little Jimmy. Leaving them with only Matt....was that a recipe for disaster? Would they miss me and cry inconsolably all night? Here's what the authors of Sh*tty Mum have to say about it:

They are disloyal to a fault.
Within five minutes of your departure, Dad will give them ice cream and they'll be like, "Mum who?" 

Dad is their favourite.
Unless their father is the Great Santini, a week alone with Dad is spring break for kids. It's a vacation from brushing teeth and taking baths. It's M&Ms for breakfast, frosting for lunch and sugar cubes for dinner. And a 10pm bedtime.

You aren't even number two.
Not only does Dad occupy first place in their hearts, but second place goes to anyone who lets them watch T.V. As you sob in your hotel room, unable to enjoy quiet and solitude, your kid is telling the babysitter that she's prettier than Mummy.

Remember: The only thing they'll say when you get home is, "What did you get me?" 

(Lord, how I am enjoying this book! It is TOO funny.)

So, I'm not sure exactly what they got up to in three days, but the kids were certainly filthy and knackered. I think they had fun though....










And I really, really enjoyed my sleep!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your comments. I love to read them. xx