Monday, March 5, 2012

Children Chipolatas

We have recently been enjoying this adventure-filled book:

in which the pirate dinosaurs try to capture children and make them into their favourite, "children chipolatas."

It has some great key ingredients for kids: danger, dinosaurs, pirates, heroes and heroines, explosions, battles, and of course, sausages. K and J liked this book so much that I decided to take them to our local butcher so we could find out how they make sausages!


The kids were definitely riveted. It was disgusting but compelling. We all learnt a lot.

Suffice to say, I won't be eating these again in a hurry. ;0)

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant Catherine! My pop was a cattle farmer and used to make his own sausages... from what I remember that room was a pretty stinky place at sausage making time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your comments. I love to read them. xx