Monday, March 14, 2011

Eating Out

Our beaches are still closed, because of "ongoing health concerns due to recent flooding". Basically, there was a lot of rubbish, chemicals, poo and dead things got washed down our way, and it wouldn't be too healthy to swim in it.

But it isn't that milky brown colour anymore, and it's still a lovely place for us to play. We just love to take our dinner down and hang out for the afternoon. It's so much nicer than crazy-time at home. (I include myself in that description.)

It's my ideal for my children to be playing freely in nature, with a couple of friends. Today they had this great game going, being monkeys, fishing with sticks and using rocks to smash oyster shells.
Of course, my friend and I wandered over to have a look at their game, and immediately started interfering, making them share 'properly' and not be bossy. Then we realised that they were perfectly fine without us and we should just leave the poor kids alone to sort themselves out. Suits me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your comments. I love to read them. xx