Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Little Advent Socks

Ooh, sweet little Advent socks, how I love your cuteness! Even if you took me a while to make and weren't ready until the 9th of December, I still like you. All 24 of you.

I have found a secret supplier of many vintage Golden Books (a bag for a dollar) and I just love their sweet illustrations. This one was perfect for tracing numbers for the Advent socks.

In the socks, I am putting an occasional sweet, some Christmas activities like baking gingerbread, and some suggestions for kind deeds. Thank you Martine, for this great idea.
I always enjoyed opening the little windows on my Advent calendar as a child, but it's hard to find nice ones these days. Children find it hard to wait such a long time until Christmas, and I hope this will help put it into perspective. And I also hope it will help Kees learn his numbers, then we'll be ahead a bit on next year's lessons. One day I would love to make a calendar like this beautiful one, but I think I need to keep sane this year.

4 comments:

  1. Awww Cath your calendar is beautiful. Great idea. One of my friends here puts little activities in hers as well, like on the 8th the make a gingerbread house or hang the wreath on the front door, or read a special chrissy book etc I had high aspirations to make so much this year and got nothing done. A bit of an overwhelming year this year but there is always next year, right?! I am glad Mum got your prezzie to you and you had a nice little visit. It was hard to see mum go but Grant is coming in a few days so busy getting ready for that. Will post soon on the blog - maybe next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cath - so beautiful!! I love your advent calendar! Gorgeous!! Hope your well!
    Love Martine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cath
    I love your advent calender & you'll have these for many years ahead! Love the idea of putting activities in each one!
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your precious family!
    Renata:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little sockies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your comments. I love to read them. xx